Thursday, March 17, 2011

[vallalargroups:4008] Thiruvadi Perumai, Translation

"GLORY OF HIS FEET DIVINE"

(Thiruvadi Perumai)

Dear seekers of Truth,

Translation of Songs 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

 

Song No.5

 

Reigning throne by name, as lord of the council golden

Up to horizon clad in grosser, my husband married me;

Extolled by prayer of those destined to implore, of wisdom

His constitution glows in light, savage karma dissevering

Mind of whom, mighty hand of abhaya  blesses in grace;

Monarch of the damsel Sivakamavalli, upon His crown

The Ganges in spate, His glory unknown even to Vedas

How of all, I could alone glorify Him, tell me, oh my maid

 

Song No.6

 

Fruits of trinity succulent with their distilled juices mixed

With the sap of sugarcane grown tall and ripe crushed

Blended with milk unadulterated and honey of a bough,

Mixed with raw rice cooked; as if such elixir I too tasted

All my mind resonate again, again with words so sweet

Pronouncing pleasure, the mate of my soul married me;

Dances He in the form of cosmic particles and of whose

Glory am I competent to recount, not at all, oh my maid.

 

Song No.7

Assuming the blissful form of microcosm and the grace

Of dance, dancing with the two feet divine with gracing,

Intellect of the intellectuals devoted in prayerful penance

Germinating in such wisdom, elixir of Shiva with its bliss;

Cosmic form full of divinity far beyond the sound unheard

Transcending the microcosm, if so, the realized recounts,

The macrocosm of the Almighty, splendid king of dance

Such of His glory whether am I to impart, never my maid

 

Song No.8

 

Up to sound unheard progressed Vedas teeming in trillions

Reclined in weariness; the testaments up to sound cosmic

Searching the horizon of wisdom with faces in many phases,

As to the union still are ignorant, the enlightened if so affirms;

Glistening up to feet with ashes white smeared, as of glowing

Assumed as form, dancing the dance of nature in space open

Such wisdom incarnate only to be beheld; of His glory by me

Whether amenable to any expression, tell me, oh my maid

 

Song No.9.

Spreading all the space of the finite, far beyond the finite

Becoming infinite, within that infinite subtle of the subtlest

Beyond the veil in the space divine, the bliss of the blissful

Without dancing, the feet of divinity still sworn as dancing,

Transcending the secret they too declare, we too hear; if so

His virtuosity of my absolute master, the holy king of dance

Spanning the horizon, His shoulders in ashes white; of his

Truthfulness, am I capable to recite, I am not, oh my maid.

 

Translation to be continued…

 

With regards

sivajayakumar

--
To register to this vallalargroups, and Old Discussions http://vallalargroupsmessages.blogspot.com/
 
To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/vallalargroups/subscribe?hl=en
 
அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி
தனிப்பெருங்கருணை அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி
 
எல்லா உயிர்களும் இன்புற்று வாழ்க

No comments:

Type in Tamil (Press Ctrl+g to toggle between English and Tamil)
+Grab this

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Translitrator(English to Tamil)

Type in Tamil(Press Ctrl+g to toggle between English and Tamil)

Translate

Translator

Subscribe-(Free)