Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Re: [vallalargroups:4184] The Sales Girl in Chennai....

thanks to nri family and thanks to god.

On 5/31/11, selbaa <selbaa80@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Sales Girl in Chennai.....An Eye Opener.......In Humility........Please
> read it!
>
> *THE SALES GIRL IN CHENNAI GIRI STORE THROUGH THE EYES OF WASHINGTON POST
> *
> After the Temple Darshan at the Kapaleeswarar Koil at Mylapore, we entered
> the "*GIRI TRADING*" stores and started searching for this Book on "Thatva
> Bodha".
>
> We found many people buying various Books and CDs and from their smart walks
> and accumulation of CDs from Abhang to Aruna Sairam and Bhajans to Bombay
> Jaishree, sent a nice feeling in us, that we have come to the right place
> indeed.
>
> I was looking for this Book while my wife started collecting Bharathiar's
> songs and MS's Music. I searched everywhere for this Book.
>
> There was this Girl, standing next to the Cashier, sincerely watching all
> our movements - a dark complexioned Girl, should be from a nearby Village,
> might be 17 or 18, should not have crossed 8th Std., might be out of poverty
> she is here.. All my Journalist's brain unnecessarily calculated about this
> Gullible Girl..and tho' she was repeatedly watching me, I ignored her and
> started searching for "Thathva Bodha"
>
> I saw many books from "Sandhya Vandanam" to Swami VIvekananda's "Chicago
> Speech" but having spent a good 40 minutes. I looked at her, she also looked
> at me curiously.
>
> I did not asked her, knowing fully well that such a girl cannot have any
> idea of anything, leave alone "Thathva Bodah"
>
> "Sir, may I help you?" (in Tamil)
>
> "Yes. I am looking for 'Thatva Bodha' "
>
> "Sanskrit Text or English/Sanskrit?"
> God..she knows.
>
> "Sanskrit & English"
>
>
>
> "Do you like to have the Publication from Chinmaya Mission or Indu
> Publications or by Ramakrishna Mutt?"
>
> "I don't know..I just want to only Learn you see..I don't really know
> indeed"
>
> "Do you read Tamil Sir?"
>
> "Yes I am a Tamilian " (thinking to myself how most of mylife time I like to
> act in most
> Otherplaces that I am not)
>
> "Then Sir, you can take this"..she ran to the shelf where I had searched for
> 30 minutes, removed the books in the front and came out with a Book in
> Tamil. "This one in Tamil by N.Sivaraman by Indu Publications infact is
> simple and wonderfull. You have the Sanskrit Text too inside."
>
> My God! Why did I under estimate such a Genius. Just because of my Arrogance
> that I am an NRI. Or Just because I presumed such a Black, dark
> complexioned, gullible girl, who would have come for this job out of
> absolute poverty, wouldn't have any idea of "Thatva Bodha".
>
> I decided to change my attitude and realized that I am absolutely an 'Idiot'
> at this moment in front of this wonderful girl and submitted myself in all
> humility. "Madam, I really don't have any idea of even who wrote 'Thatva
> Bodha' till yesterday. I just attended a lecture on this subject and was
> fascinated by the lecture and hence....."
>
> "Did you attend Goda Venkateswara Sastri's lecture in Bharathiya Vidya
> Bhavan?" "Oh God. How did you know?"
>
> "He regularly takes cl-asses on such subjects. In fact he is one of the best
> Sir, in the city on such subjects."
>
> "You are interested in such subjects?"
>
> "Yes Sir, I read a lot about Swami Vivekananda and Ramakrishna and Thathva
> Bodha incidentally is my favorite Subject"
>
> "You mean to say you have read Thatva Bodha?" "I have read this one by
> Sivaraman and once you read it you won't feel like keeping that book on the
> table at all."
>
> "Why what is so great about this Book?"
>
> "Sir,you must be joking that you don't know about 'Thatva Bodha'."
>
> "Really I accept my ignorance."
>
> My wife was watching from the corner, admiring all her CD collections.
>
> "Sir,according to me if you read this it gives the entire Vedanthic Saramsam
> and to say it in-one-word you become a bit more humble in life, leaving
> Ahamkaram once for all."
>
> "Is it a fact that reading this simple book one would get so humble?"
>
> "Of course one should be involved totally into the text. Needs a lot of
> conviction and devotion."
>
> My wife joined the conversation and she felt this girl is indeed a very very
> talented intelligent girl, so she told me "Why don't you interview her for
> Washington Post. Why at all you should think of Paris Hilton?"
>
> I also felt that I owe something to her.. So I asked her whether she can
> spare sometime for an interview.
>
> She politely refused saying "My boss is to give me permission. Besides many
> people are looking for guidance like you and hence I have to go."
>
> "What is your name?"
>
> "Kalaivani"
>
> My wife's admiration for her devotion to duty and her total involvement in
> her work, made her go direct to the Boss "Sir,that girl Kalaivani."
>
> "Yes very hard working Girl."
>
> "This is my husband Viswanath."
>
> "Nice meeting you Sir"
>
> "He is the Senior Journalist in Washington Post."
>
> The Boss stood up." Washington Post?"
>
> "Yes Sir. I would like to interview this girl. I am highly impressed with
> her ethics."
>
> Boss called her. Time was 5:45 Pm. "Kalaivani, they have come all the way
> from USA , they would like to spend some time with you. Can you?"
>
> "Sir, there are so many customers waiting for some guidance. it is a rush
> time. If they can come again tomorrow."
>
> "OK. I can come again tomorrow."
>
> I again came next day morning leaving all my appointments with 'Times of
> India' and "Madras Press Club " just to see this girl. It was no rush hour.
> My wife and myself found out.
>
> Kalaivani is from a small village near Arcot. She has 5 sisters, she being
> is the eldest. Her father was a drunkard and he died a few years ago caring
> for none of them. Her mother used to work as a helper in Masonry and passed
> away two years back, leaving all the 6 on the streets.
>
> This girl who had completed her 9th std decided to search for a job and
> 'Giri Trading' came forward to help her out. She brought all her 5 sisters
> with her and with her meagre salary she is taking care of them. All the 5
> sisters are going to a nearby Chennai Corporation School .
>
> "Kalaivani. But when did you get this enthusiasm to learn about 'Thatva
> Bodha'?"
>
> "Sir after joining here, I decided that the best way to be of help to the
> customers is to know the Subject first. I took small Books on Ramana,
> Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda and started reading. I found the subject so
> fascinating..I decided to read other books in Tamil like Bhagavad Gita, and
> Viveka Choodamani. That's how...."
>
> "What is your salary?"
>
> "Rs 2500, Sir."
>
> "Are you able to manage all your expenses with the 5 sisters?"
>
> "Not at all Sir, but the Boss helps me a lot."
>
> "What is your aim in Life ?"
>
> "I want all my sisters to get education. Then they would easily get
> employment is it not Sir?"
>
> "If I give monthly Rs 10,000 for meeting all your expenses, would that
> suffice?"
>
> "It is indeed too much, but I would accept it only through my Boss."
>
> We took her to the Boss and told him that we would like to send 300$ (approx
> Rs.15,000) every month so that all her sisters' education would be
> completed.
>
> The Boss said "She deserves it Sir. You can trust me - I will hand over the
> amount to her every month or alternately you can open an account in her name
> and start transferring to the account."
>
> My friend John Paul, who is the Regional Manager of 'Times of India' had
> also come with me. He said "You have done a good thing."
>
> My wife said "I pray that 'Karpagambal' helps Kalaivani to become an expert
> in 'Vedantha' and start giving lectures in USA . We can arrange for her
> lectures."
>
> We left wonder struck! If we go into the interiors of India , how many more
> 'Jewels' like Kalaivani can be found!!
> I really became humbled!
>
>
>
>
>
> 
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> If you judge people, then you have no time to love them
> -Mother Teresa
>
> --
> To register to this vallalargroups, and Old Discussions
> http://vallalargroupsmessages.blogspot.com/
>
> To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
> http://groups.google.com/group/vallalargroups/subscribe?hl=en
>
> அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி
> தனிப்பெருங்கருணை அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி
>
> எல்லா உயிர்களும் இன்புற்று வாழ்க

--
To register to this vallalargroups, and Old Discussions http://vallalargroupsmessages.blogspot.com/

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/vallalargroups/subscribe?hl=en

அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி
தனிப்பெருங்கருணை அருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

எல்லா உயிர்களும் இன்புற்று வாழ்க

No comments:

Type in Tamil (Press Ctrl+g to toggle between English and Tamil)
+Grab this

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Translitrator(English to Tamil)

Type in Tamil(Press Ctrl+g to toggle between English and Tamil)

Translate

Translator

Subscribe-(Free)